Friday, November 12, 2004

Blood on his mind. He cannot breathe. There are no secrets I have not told myself. All others be damned. Voices in my head be damned. So I danced a dance or two while sipping the nectar of your pain--you can't hold me responsible for my own lunacy. Pain on top of pain.
Gushing waters. Paper trail. You cannot mend what I have not broken. Cancel my emotions--I'll wait for the check in the mail. Publicity stunts to help you heal. Did not ask you to break me--I am tired of mending. Did you do it to make me strong? Were you even thinking of me? Do you ever think of me?
The voices in my head do not worship you anymore. They say that you cannot be trusted. The problem is I still do and now they want me dead. They will figure out how to strangle me soon enough. Consider this my will.
Pour your feelings into the fountain and watch them revolve. Poetry is dead. It is all dead.
Belief.
Lies are more honest. Cut the bullshit and lie to me. Tell me everything I want to hear, but how do you know what I want to hear when you don't know me?
Asphyxiate.
When he breathes, he does not breathe poetry. He breathes through his nervous system and now he cannot stop twitching. Do you feel justified? Your results will come back in a week. What fragmented hell have I gotten myself into this time?
I can write until I die, but it will not make a difference. The sad girl was you. The one I dreamed of in a white dress on a swing and then you walked in the next day in a white dress . . . and I thought I was mad. How was I supposed to know that was love? And now you're gone . . . dead to my mind because my heart pleaded that it be so, but the heart cannot forget and so I may never evolve past the point that you walked away. I am a fragment of the dreamer that you crippled. You were an ideal and no amount of reasoning will ever convince my heart of that.
If the hand and the intellect have the heart as a mediator--then who mediates between the heart and the intellect? Are they always at war?
Not cured. No return until it is your time.
Love no one but yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home