Saturday, November 26, 2005

Smother me with frailty, I don't want to quit. Crippled with self deceit, bring me the bag---it has the receipts.

Freestyle
Delicately until the pain skips out through the back door and maybe for a minute you can feel like a god. Pull apart the ideal and let it breathe. Let it circulate and then you can strangle it. I remember.

If I were.

Maybe I could be born.

Just not here.

Left behind. Ornate bandages. They didn't heal and now I'm thirsty. It's been so long since you gave me a glimpse of what it's like to be alive, but I'm through apologizing. I'll stay dead. That's what she said.

Let them ring, and I don't mean freedom.

Is it any wonder you start lines in cliches?

Lose the faith and bring the attitude--only your ego can save you now.

Brittle, little enemy teetering on the banks of your survival. What could he be trying to say with that red flag? The wind broke him and now he stares through the window counting cars as they fly off the bridge and into his sadness.

If I hurt you it's because I was afraid.

I'm still afraid so grow some skin.

Did I tell you how?

Move the pain this way, that way the neighbors won't see. Shift the shiftless, the shifter and the shifty. Quickly.

What is it you didn't like?

Your sad eyes still haunt me, I just wish I knew who the fuck you were and why I had to fall in love with you the way I did.

Take the ether and run but you won't get very far. I've tried.

End hunger.

End pain.

Migraine.

Peel off your skin and feed it to the sharks, they'll appreciate the gesture. I think.


2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Peel off your skin and feed it to the sharks, they'll appreciate the gesture. I think.


I think they would, if only to have a snack. (literal and figurative)

7:24 PM  
Blogger darl said...

They may just want more. Greed works that way.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home