Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanks

for validating my paranoia.

Wait to save him. Distressed miracle. Fly above and strike when he's not looking. Had a feeling you were a fake. Efface the things that make you listen. Poison. Check his pulse before you leave. A surprise in every packet. The blue one makes you dream. I used to be calm. Collect bandages to heal your hysteria. Let it go. Fall is. Nothing.

When I was happy.

Truth circles in fields. Drink the nectar of your defeat. The power was hers, never yours but I'm sure if you look hard enough you can keep believing your own lies. If you look hard enough you can convince yourself that all of this makes sense. You shouldn't have stopped, but you did and now you want everything to be as it was. Still. Your ego betrays you.

What is it that it's about? You want answers but I don't have that many words because it transcends words and all we're dealing with now is dust. Ashes of memory, but which ones are mine and which ones are yours. We are not one, we are a distant derivation of one. I'm an a capella artist in a land where dreames expired.

If I had hope, you devoured it.

You took me lightly and now you're feeling all of my weight--let's hope it doesn't crush you. I'm a wreck inside, but know that I'd help you if I could.


3 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Dang baby, you and I have been on the same ride, so it seems. Not that much fun...

I love your first line.

Are you sure that you don't have magic hands that reach into other's brains and pluck out their thoughts???

12:42 PM  
Blogger darl said...

No magic hands, I think great minds just think alike. hehe((

1:22 AM  
Blogger M said...

You know, my mom always used to say that. You may be right. Great minds!!! :-)

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home